Academic and Enrollment Services 2015 Annual Report
Students enrolled by Fall 2015 10th day
Message from Vice Provost Kevin Browne
UIC's record enrollment in Fall 2015 is the result of the dedicated work of a campus committed to student opportunity and success. UIC experienced its highest 10th day enrollment at 29,048 students in September 2015.
I am proud of the collaborative effort put forth by every unit of Academic and Enrollment Services (AES) in the contribution to student success in the areas of recruitment, outreach, admissions, retention and graduation. Illustrated throughout this page are some of the ways staff have engaged with prospective students and contributed to the enrollment of an academically strong and diverse student population.
Vice Provost for Academic and Enrollment Services
Road to Enrollment
Events & Outreach
The AES staff builds relationships with future students by connecting with students on campus, in their communities, and online.
More than 32,000 students and their guests attended AES on-campus programs last year.
- Attendance to our signature programs, Open House and Ignite, represented more than a quarter of total visit activity for the year
- The UIC Visitors Center experienced its first full year of operation and hosted over 20,000 individuals
- Other events included: Preview Days, Firestarter, AARERI Brunch, LARES Family Day, PAP breakfast, various college receptions and more
On the Road.
Recruiters represented UIC at more than 1,300 local, national and international activities, including college fairs, high school and community college visits, consular and community events.
- More than 50% of the visits occurred in Cook and the collar counties, and nearly 30% of all activity took place in Chicago
Check your Inbox.
AES distributed and responded to over 1 million emails through Banner Relationship Management (BRM) and Request Tracker (RT). The office also fielded:
- Over 120,000 inbound and 10,000 outbound calls
- 5.5 million pageviews from over 200 countries on admissions.uic.edu
- 8,000 participants in virtual college fairs
AES launched new initiatives in social media and saw increased participation in our Facebook affinity groups. Highlights include:
- Production of In the Loop, UIC’s recruitment YouTube series, which received 1,429 views and 1,253 minutes of watch time
- Launching an Instagram account that catalogs participants in our daily tour program
- Partnering with EducationUSA to develop and distribute webinars to international audiences
- Coordination of campus participation in FLOTUS’ #ReachHigher campaign
- 2,783 admitted students joined the Facebook Class of 2019 group
Initiatives & Student Support
Office of the Registrar
Achievements from the Registrar's office include:
- 8,711 Classrooms scheduled in Fall 2014, Spring 2015, and Summer 2015
- 6,960 degrees awarded in Fall 2014, Spring 2015, and Summer 2015
- 37,868 transcript orders for Fall 2014, Spring 2015, and Summer 2015
- Fall 2015 total enrollment 29,048 with 385,369 total registered hours
- Full utilization of Transferology software achieved that now runs against all transfer articulations in the database from 2-year and 4-year universities nationally
Office of Student Systems Services
The Office of Student Systems Services completed major projects to support faculty and the Student Success Initiative, including Block Scheduling and the upgrade to the Banner XE Faculty Grading system.
Latin American Recruitment and Educational Services Program (LARES)
The Latin American Recruitment and Educational Services (LARES) program continues to build on its success of supporting Latino students at UIC. Their grant from the Illinois Community College Board will maintain and enhance recruitment and retention initiatives.
African American Recruitment, Enrollment and Retention Initiative (AARERI)
AES appointed a dedicated recruiter for African American Recruitment, Enrollment and Retention Initiative (AARERI) partner schools.
- AARERI partnership expanded from 21 to 33 schools and added a focused retention initiative
- For the fall 2015 term, there were over 500 applicants and 340 admits from AARERI designated schools
- 98 students from AARERI schools enrolled
Guaranteed Admissions Transfer (GAT)
Since its inception in 2012, the Guaranteed Admissions Transfer is a partnership program with the seven City Colleges of Chicago guaranteeing admission to community college students in good academic standing. This program aims to increase access to UIC. Over 40 students enrolled through the GAT program for the Fall 2015 term.
President's Award Program (PAP) and STEM
- In the Fall 2015 entering first year (FY) cohort, there were 282 PAP Scholars and 45 PAP Honors students receiving PAP scholarships
- In summer 2015, PAP launched a Summer Research Experience for 32 PAP students majoring in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)
- In Fall 2015, 25 students became the first cohort in the PAP STEM Initiative
Applications & Enrollment
Efficiency in the review process has made for a quicker time to decision for an increased number of applicants.
The Office of Admissions received over 54,000 applications during the Spring, Summer, and Fall 2015 terms across all student levels. That translates to hundreds of thousands of credentials evaluated, essays and recommendations read.
The year culminated in 8,268 new degree-seeking students and UIC’s highest 10th day enrollment of 29,048 enrolled students in the Fall 2015 census. New First Year students increased by 15% to 3,485, including increases in African American enrollment (11.6%) and international enrollment (55%).
A Year in Review
Academic and Enrollment Services works with incoming students from their first contact with UIC throughout the admissions and enrollment processes, and through graduation. From our work in the field and hosting events on campus, through the heavy lifting of the admissions process, and all the way to supporting enrollment, retention and graduation efforts, AES is proud of our accomplishments in 2015 and looks forward to continued success and collaboration with our campus partners next year.
Your questions and feedback are welcome at email@example.com.
Applications across all levels and terms
Enrolled First Year Students
Enrolled students across all levels